The Department of Treasury and Finance plays a vital role providing economic and fiscal policy advice to the government.
Our goal is to assist the government to improve the prosperity and well being of South Australians.
In this section you can find information about what we do at Treasury and Finance; our function within state government, the ministers we support, our responsibilities and vision and the programs we administer.
The Department also supports the government’s ten economic priorities for our state, including five areas where government is tackling barriers to growth:
- Unlocking the full potential of South Australia’s resources, energy and renewable assets
- Premium food and wine produced in our clean environment and exported to the world
- A globally recognised leader in health research, ageing and related services and products
- The knowledge state – attracting a diverse student body and commercialising our research
- South Australia – a growing destination choice for international and domestic travellers
- Growth through innovation
- South Australia – the best place to do business
- Adelaide, the heart of the vibrant state
- Promoting South Australia’s international connections and engagement
- South Australia’s small businesses have access to capital and global markets.
The Premier of South Australia announced the government’s seven strategic priorities for our state:
- Creating a vibrant city
- Safe communities, healthy neighbourhoods
- An affordable place to live
- Every chance for every child
- Growing advanced manufacturing
- Realising the benefits of the mining boom for all
- Premium food and wine from our clean environment.
These seven strategic priorities are where government is focusing its efforts to make the biggest difference in the long term, while South Australia’s Strategic Plan provides an enduring policy compass for the state through targets out to 2020.
Send a web enquiry
+61 8 8226 9500